Committee Members 2014-2015
Who we are
BartlettUPS is a student-run organisation subsumed under the department of Bartlett School of Planning which represents, reinforces and protects the interests of the planning students. It has academic, career-related and financial support from the planning’s department for its activities. Its main focus is BSc and MSc planning students; PhD planning students and even other UCL students who are interested in planning are welcome to partake in any of its activities.
What we do
- To be an effective communication and coordination platform between Bartlett’s administrative, academic and student bodies
- To provide helpful services to planning students in the Bartlett
- To be a sustainable student-run group which can benefit subsequent generations of planning students
Our focus areas:
- Academic BartlettUPS organises its own seminars on the topics which are more tailored to BSc & MSc students. It aspires to organise at least one seminar each term to enrich students with extra-curricular knowledge and/or reinforce concepts taught in class.
- Career BartlettUPS has set up the internship database for the Bartlett School of Planning. It will update the database every now and then, especially at the beginning of each academic year. It organises career-related sharing sessions. These include inviting planners to share with us their daily working experience, recruiters to share tips on how to land ourselves a job in planning-related fields and etc. It also coordinates with Bartlett’s Careers Advisor so that better career services will be provided to students.
- Social BartlettUPS coordinates with the Transition Mentors, Year Reps and Study Abroad Reps to organise activities and social events (eg: Welcome Party, our annual Social Evening, Year Dinner) to reinforce a sense of belonging amongst planning students. Other initiatives may include: fieldtrips, design of Graduation hoodies & etc.
Feel free to contact any of us personally should you have any questions or ideas!
For all other queries or suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org